Lady Griete van Groningen (Yvonne Gwyn) is from the Netherlands in the 16th century.
I've been involved in re-enactment since joining the Wellington Medieval Guild in 2004, and joined the Barony of Ildhafn about 5 years ago. Since then I've spent some time living in the Kingdom of Ealdormere (Toronto) before returning to the Barony in 2019.
My particular interests at the moment include:
- painting, particularly portraiture. Mostly oil painting, though I have tried egg tempera.
- illumination - I'm just diping my toes into the scribal arts of Lochac.
- music - a long term project is learning to play the viol.
- singing - I especially enjoy part singing.
- wood carving is also something I have had a go at and would like to learn more about in future. Particularly polychrome sculpture.
If you're interested in painting or scribal arts, or any of the above, please get in touch!