You are here

Ildhafn Committee Meeting Minutes - April 2020

Submitted by Elyna Delynor on April 5, 2020 - 3:00pm
Printer-friendly version

ILDHAFN COMMITTEE MEETING – APRIL 2020

Minutes dated 4 April 2020

Meeting opened at 1.03pm

Attendees (remotely via online Zoom meeting): Ludwig von Regensburg (Seneschal, Webminster), Serafina di Giovanni Carducci (Reeve), Sympkyn of the Moor (Quartermaster), William de Cameron (Marshall), Elyna Delynor (Chatelaine), Griete van Groningen (A&S Officer), Eleanor Hall, Katherina Weyssin

AGENDA:

1. Opening and Welcome: by the Seneschal

2. Apologies: Maximilian von Monsterburg (Herald), Ahmed (Captain of Archers).

3. Minutes of the previous meeting: Ludwig moved that the minutes from the previous meeting (February 2020) be accepted by this meeting. Seconded by Sympkyn, vote was in favour, motion carried.

4. Matters Arising from the Minutes

Sympkyn: Re Hunua site for Summer Event, the booking is now confirmed for 20th-22nd November 2020. Given the current pandemic, we will have to see what the state of the world is later this year.
Elyna: At what point do we ask for proposals and decide whether or not to go ahead with the event?
Sympkyn: It’s a good idea to start advertising by Labour Weekend at the latest, although earlier is better as there are those from around the country who need notice to plan to come. We can let people know the dates as the venue booking is confirmed, and then open the booking form once we have a proposal in place.
Ludwig: I will send out prompts online inviting offers to steward the event.

5. Officer Reports:

- Seneschal (Ludwig)
I have been in conversation with Kingdom Seneschal about online events. There is some ambiguity about what SCANZ will accept as an online event and what is required. Very confusing, I’m not actually clear what their concerns are exactly. Kingdom Seneschal is promising a firm statement of feedback and we must be patient until that is forthcoming.
Sympkyn:
If they don’t give a timely response, maybe we can approach Crown with our Baronial hats on and try and get an answer that way.

Ludwig: Also due to the pandemic lockdown, getting bank signatories changed is on hold, as not a lot can be done at this stage.

- Webminster (Ludwig)
Still wanting photos of people in and out of garb. Elyna and I have pictures on the website, others please send images to me as previously discussed.
Elyna: I think having menu item ‘People’ and a menu item ‘Contacts’ is confusing. Actually, I think there are too many menu items. Maybe we could simplify it in future, but that’s a different conversation.

- Chatelaine (Elyna)
Instagram has 146 followers, more photos going up this weekend from the last event. The Massacre tourney event in Feb went well, two new ladies came to that and enjoyed themselves a lot. I was going to propose a couple of other events but given the lockdown, I won’t right now.

- Captain of Archers (Ahmed)
No report.

- Herald (Maximilian)
No report.

- Marshal (William)
Nothing happening because lockdown. Seeking new marshal, emailed list to advertise. Will post on facebook group also.

- Reeve (Fina)
Not much is happening. Reeve seems to have fallen off Kingdom’s radar as far as support goes. There is not much info out there for a new reeve. I will get in touch with them.
Eleanor: Regarding the payments that William wanted to be made, we are waiting for details then we will set them up. Please send me details.
Fina: I’m not on the account yet so obviously I can’t process payments.
Ludwig: Thanks Eleanor & Sympkyn, as you are the only people on the account at the moment, we are relying on you to do payments.

- Quartermaster (Sympkyn)
No events since February so gear still safely stored. Going to make a new extra bag for the banners.

- A&S Officer (Griete)
Not a lot to report. I had a word with a Canadian group about a potential A&S swap but that is not appropriate right now. If there is a need for an online A&S get-together then I will coordinate. Will ask online if anyone interested.

6. Past Events:
- St Valentine's Day Massacre, 15 Feb 2020
Sympkyn/Elyna: Written report already sent out, made tiny profit. Reimbursements required for tokens and laundry done at home. Fina, please let us know what you need in the way of GST receipts.
Would like to do the event again as an annual thing.

7. Upcoming Events:

- Summer Event: discussed under Matters Arising (above).

- Eleanor’s online event:
Eleanor: Zoom is probably best option. Breakout rooms are an option, but attendees can’t opt to go into a room, a co-host must move someone into the room. The person can then go back to the main room by themselves.
Elyna: Would it be easier to have many separate meetings?

Eleanor:
possibly, but maybe not. One problem with that is needing a person to run each meeting.
Sympkyn: Not sure if the host has to be in the room, but one person can’t host more than other meeting at a time
Griete: If the host leaves, another person is made host
Eleanor: Breakout rooms might be easiest. We could give a short list of people co-host rights so they can move people at request and offer aid to less technically able.
Ludwig: We would have to consider how to add people, whether we email out the link to the whole list, or if we take bookings and give the link to those people only.
William: Think it can be set so attendees must be approved to enter.
Griete: Or you can require a password for entry
Eleanor: Yep all are options. Will look into further and get underway.

8. Other Business:
- Replacement of Heavy Tourney trophy (Sympkyn/Elyna)

Options were emailed out to committee list for feedback.Discussion between font options 1 and 3 and text to read“Armoured Combat Champion” vs “Heavy Champion” vs “Rattan Combat Champion”.We will send out another option sheet to the email list after the meeting.Prefer pewter option over steel, and pint over half pint. Cost estimated at approximately $150 (general approval for spending).

- Baronial Coronets (Sympkyn/Elyna)
Our coronets are still with Sebastian; he has sent back options of what work can be done. Various things can be done for varying costs, as per email sent to the committee previously.
Now that people have had time to peruse the options, what do we want to have him do?
General discussion: They haven’t been spruced since they were made, let’s spend the money and do the full works. We need new
pearls… Sebastian suggests he could source them but that we could also investigate getting them in Auckland. Fina suggested a couple of places. For now we will ask if Sebastian has any sources he can use as it would be easiest, but if not we will investigate further up here.

9. Date of next meeting: 2 May 2020

10. Meeting closed at 14.12pm

Minutes written by Elyna Delynor.

 

Blog classifications: