You are here

Council Meeting Minutes September 2011

Submitted by Ildhafn Seneschal on October 2, 2011 - 8:55pm
Printer-friendly version

Ildhafn Council Meeting Minutes September 

In Attendance: Angela Wells (Seneschal), Shannon Wanty (Reeve, A&S), Nicola Haliday (Marshal), Patrick Bowman (Herald)

 Via Skype 

Apologies: Phil Mason (Constable), David Robb (Webwright), Chantelle Gerrard (soon to be A&S) 

Absent:


Meeting Opened: 7.43pm

 

Reports Given in Person 

Herald: Nothing to report.

 

Upcoming Events:

 

St Catherine’s Picnic: Ange has emailed Vanessa and she is happy with us using her paddocks either on the weekend of Saturday December 3rd or Saturday December 10th. Ange prefers the 3rd of December. Ange will advertise this. Patrick asked if there are any clashes with that date. It doesn’t look like it. Checking the calendar, there are no conflicts. It will be a free potluck event. Ange is thinking of putting together some activities/games for it to encourage families to come along, maybe some archery/equestrian/fencing depending on if there are people interested and able. Shannon asked if it would be okay to have the A&S Championship happen at the event, Ange was happy with this. If there is an expense for activities, Ange will run it past Council for a subsidy. Council approves the bid though.

 

General Business:

 

Savings Account: No-one knows whether it’s really worth looking to increase this amount. Shannon suggested it might help cover the cost of inflation over time. Patrick thought that the purpose of it was really just to deal with extra cash and to cover the occasional really huge events. Shannon thought that maybe gradually increasing this over time might help as event costs are only likely to increase. She’ll have a look at what the options are with Kiwi Bank. Ange asked what other groups are doing. Shannon will ask on the Reeve’s list what other groups do in terms of current and savings accounts. She’ll also ask David if he knows why the savings account was originally set up.

 

Group guidelines: Still to be done. Ange hasn’t been able to find any more information about what other groups do. Shannon asked if it would be helpful to do this as a group over coffee or if she wanted to do it herself. Patrick offered to help after the SCANZ annual meeting.

 

Council Meeting closed: 8.00pm

Blog classifications: