Hunua Falls Camp, 203 Falls Road, Hunua, Auckland.
How to get to Hunua Falls campsite
Fly to Auckland International Airport
It's 40km (45 minutes drive) from the event site. There are direct flights from most large cities in Australasia.
Driving from the airport:
- from the airport, follow the signs to head South toward Manukau from the airport (Ray Emery Drive, which becomes Tom Pearce Drive, through two roundabouts, first exit at the third roundabout onto Puhinui Road)
- turn right onto State Highway 20, toward Manukau
- keep right at the fork, and merge onto the Southern Motorway (SH1), following the signs to head South toward Hamilton
- after about 10km, take exit 458 toward Pakakura, then follow the instructions below
- From South or North, take State Highway 1 to Papakura (on the Southern edge of the Auckland Metropolitan Area - exit 458).
- When exiting the motorway, take the turn to the east (into Papakura itself): this puts you on Beach Road.
- Head northeast on Beach Road, across Great South Road, onto Settlement Road (Beach Road turns into Settlement Road).
- Continue along Settlement Road, straight through the roundabout, for approximately 1.5km.
- Turn right onto Hunua Road, and follow this for approximately 12.7km.
- Turn left onto White Road.
- Turn right onto Falls Road. Stay on Falls Road (the Cossey Access Rd will branch off to the left)
- Hunua Falls campsite will be on the left, at a right-hand bend, a few hundred metres before you get to the carpark at the end of the road. If you get to the carpark, turn around and come back up the road.
Google Maps + directions from Papakura to Hunua Falls